Sunday, April 15, 2012

AN AGE OF INNOCENCE

It never was really. You were just conditioned to believe it was with schmaltzy productions like Meet Me in Saint Louis. It was an era of innocence that was laid right on top of an age of tragedy for the peeps. It was about the 1904 World's Fair in St Louis but it wasn't made until 1944. That's right....smack dab in the middle of World War II and the end of the Great Depression. It served its purpose well. In fact this weak film drew several Academy Award nominations. It may have won some too......I don't recall. This of course may be a stretch that a fluff piece was needed for national morale as hundreds of thousands boys were dying in WWII and the nation had been locked in the longest national depression to date....but then again look at today. When was the last time you saw a film made that questioned authority and questioned totalitarianism in an honest and introspective manner? When was the last time you saw a movie that made you want to stand up and cheer for the little guy coming out on top against oppression? For that matter when did we last have a movie that even addressed a serious subject in a forthright manner that wasn't designed for some hidden propaganda purpose? Instead we get a steady diet of remakes or mindless flicks with no moral messages or inspiration....bereft of meaning and purpose. Turn on your television and you get a steady diet of barefoot, toothless alligator hunters and Ice trucking. I plead guilty to watching some of the shows, but I know the purpose.......its to keep me distracted from the game. I'm also smart enough to know my limitations. And so are most of you I hope. We have to have some entertainment to distract us from the reality of these times, but I truly despise the underlying purpose which is a not so subtle objective of dumbing us down. Its working. You cannot even watch any news stations on the tube anymore. Its been erased. The peeps must be kept inside the fence. I like the following comment I saved from ZH  "This is far and away the strongest global economy I've seen in my business lifetime."  Hank Paulson, July 2007.
And if you think these and other outrageously wrong statements from Paulson and Geithner and fill in the blank are just error and not outright intentional lies, you really need to think about the red pill.   It's like the old saying "the devil's greatest trick was convincing the world he does not exist."  For these guys, the greatest trick is convincing most of the public that no one, least of all them, could see it coming.

Keep watching the miners. They may come to life soon. I hope so. I want to cheer for my horses. Just remember this is a long game we are in and if we take a spanking here don't get your panties in a wad.....THEY WILL BE BACK! gl

19 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I got addicted to the show "Gold Rush". We all need to escape from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_12/willie041212.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://ransquawk.com/headlines/216377

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kli,

    I'M LOOKING DOWN!!! hehehehehe


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbuMsOJNJmw


    fwiw: "How It's Made" is my fav, and "Jesse James Outlaw Garage", like building stuff and absolutely no Cable News........

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.minyanville.com/sectors/precious-metals/articles/mining-mining-m2526a-mining-sector-glencore/4/12/2012/id/40394?camp=syndication&medium=portals&from=yahoo

    THIS WILL OCCUR

    ReplyDelete
  6. once again a slow bleed down in miners. SLW got torched today. PAAS hit another low. tough to watch. i own EGO,PAAS and GPL, I could say i am being patient as i hold, but its feeling more and more like being trapped. charts dont look to appealing on PAAS. good luck everyone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to believe in the fundamental underlying reason to be in this trade.....competitive world wide devaluation of the fiat which in turn will ultimately create a massive move into safety as the "game" is exposed....there is nothing wrong for respecting your masters and the control they have maintained on the "game"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't feel trapped as this was a planned move on my part, not that I'm happy with my account right now, it's pretty fugly at the moment. The question remains will the move pan out and we all have a happy ending, hehehehe

    I still think so......


    http://www.moneynews.com/Markets/China-Gold-Hoarding-Stocks/2012/04/16/id/435981


    for the Could'a, Should'a, Would'a department I was really thinking of picking up a handful of AAPL 600 puts a few weeks back when Doc was talking daily bout the fruit...... That would have panned out nicely but I was toooooooo chicken chit!!! FEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. dont blame ya tome for the FEAR.....btw......i feel very comfortable with my heavy position here in the miners and fully realize it may take a beating....just saves me trading and more time for other diversions

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey it is what it is, i just wonder what the tipping point will be for miners to run. a little pain is ok, i just hope they dont decide to drop the miners another 20%. i have no regets on the trade at this point. i still like the risk/reward aspect of it. but doubt on the trade has entered my mind, but at the same time, eventually it should pan out. its a game of chicken at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  11. POZN still following that pf chart I posted...could run to 15....up 15%

    ReplyDelete
  12. grats chuck........great find.....heavy into miners right now and will probably be there for quite awhile

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, kli re:jag, I saw that they took it down about 25% in ONE day last wk. Also rumor that a Chinese co. is interested. How low can it go? Congrats o pozn Honest. Sometimes I want to cry but am sticking it out. Still have a good bit of slw, today almost did it for me so I expect more beatdown.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey sis if you are watching this day to day then you fall for the trap......relax and enjoy life....this game isn't over......

    ReplyDelete
  15. inlet boater is sick.......our thoughts and prayers are with him

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kli - thanks for your support. Sent you an Email. I appreciate greatly the support of friends I have made here and on my Blog. Short term I face some challenges, but I am trying to be optimistic about the longer term.

    ReplyDelete
  17. thnx for the mail inlet and good luck......you get well and get back fast

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Inlet. Will send good thoughts and prayers your way. Please keep us posted and Get Well Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Inlet,

    Ditto what Kli and Sister said. Get well and God bless..sending a california prayer your way..

    cheers

    ReplyDelete