Time for all pundits to make their longshots but this is the big league so why not REALLY shake it up a little.
1. Bernanke announces his resignation amid a cacophony of anti-Fed protest.
2.Japan pops a cork and its JGB spread begins to explode as China slowly strangles its export recovery/Yen weakening with a continued anti Japan nationalism. Somethings are never forgiven nor forgotten and Nanking was just one of several.
3. A schism within the Military industrial complex widens between elements of the Pentagon and the CIA. As internal tensions build they begin to erupt publicly through their political appendages into a full blown crisis.
4. Scandle hits the Whitehouse early in the year as a retaliation from the Military divisions developing in the DOD. Of course denial is followed by purges within the Department of Defense.
5. Iraq begins to devolve into all out civil war and the spike in oil prices begins to destabilize the fragile recovery.
6. Russia and China finally tell the U.S. they will not allow a first strike at Iran even with conventional only bombing of "hard" targets.
7. Syria's conflict is resolved with the establishment of a large Russian troop presence along the Turkish border. Israel prostests the movement of Russian new Ground to air missile defense systems along Syria's southern border. Then China sends a naval Cruiser into Syrian waters as the crisis escalates by the end of the year.
8. Saudi Arabia begins show serious signs of political deterioration by mid-year as the "Arab spring" spreads to the "real prize". Many members of the House of Saud begin to quietly relocate to bug-out countries carrying their gold with them. Several members are detained and their gold is confiscated.
9. Germany begins to feel internal pressure politically to "bring their gold home" and Angela Merkel is forced to admit that it will take "years" to "recover" their gold. Calls for her resignation begin to escalate from the usually "stayed" German pols.
10. Finally.......gold and silver miners show an early surge in the first half of the year with impressive gains only to be met with another hard correction. This time the correction is only a .50 fib correction in a month but it manages to crush the weak hands so the "true power" can finish its accumulation for the final rise to glory.
There ya go peeps. enjoy the game. its gonna be a long boring week....but next week we're gonna have some real fun in the new year.